Perfect Shower Door: Are you planning to remodel your bathroom and feel overwhelmed by the task of choosing the ideal shower door? Fear not, as Local Glass Repairs LLC in Burien, WA, specializes in custom shower enclosures and is here to guide you through the process. We proudly serve Burien, West Seattle, Des Moines, Renton, Normandy Park, Newcastle, Tukwila, Kent, Federal Way, Auburn, Mercer Island, Seatac, Tacoma, and White Center. We’ll help you make the right decisions for your bathroom, style, and budget by breaking it down into five easy steps.
Shower Door Configuration
1. Begin by determining the shower’s location and size. Then, decide on the preferred opening style by considering one of the three basic designs:
For showers with a single flat opening, opt for sliding doors, a single swinging door, or any door/fixed panel combination. As long as there are no angled panels, you have plenty of choices.
In this configuration, the fixed panel and door sit at a 90-degree angle, forming a box around the shower. Choose from a swinging door or, for larger showers, a sliding/rolling door that slides over a fixed panel.
For corner showers with the door facing outward in the center, consider two panels at 135-degree angles aligned with a swinging door. This option positions your shower door in the center of two angled panels. Custom glass designs and curved shower doors can be exceptions to these configurations. Our glass experts can create bespoke enclosures to cater to your unique preferences.
Shower Door Opening Style
2. Consider the size of your bathroom and available space when comparing opening styles:
These doors typically feature two even panels, with one panel sliding in front of or behind the other. Suitable for inline configurations, this style is ideal for smaller bathrooms as the door doesn’t intrude into the space.
A swinging door is hinged on one side and swings outward, working with any shower configuration.
This door serves as a wall, with an open space for entry. Ensure proper showerhead placement to prevent water escape and note that there will be more air movement in the enclosure due to the absence of a door.
3. Local Glass Repairs LLC offers over 20 stunning glass patterns – including leaf, glacier, and cross reeded – to cater to your privacy needs and personal taste. Clear glass is a popular option for showcasing beautiful tile work. Visit our showroom to view all styles in person.
4. Choose from three different types of frames for your shower door:
Framed Shower Doors:
These doors have a metal frame surrounding the entire door, which is made from traditional, thinner glass that requires a frame for rigidity.
Frameless Shower Doors:
Heavy glass is thicker and doesn’t require a frame. Frameless doors have minimal hardware for a sleek appearance and can make bathrooms feel more spacious. These doors are more expensive but are considered modern and desirable.
Semi-Frameless Shower Doors:
Falling between framed and frameless, semi-frameless doors have less framing and are a cost-effective compromise. They offer a sleek look while retaining some framed and frameless door benefits.
Hardware for Your Shower Door
5. Finally, select the hardware style that complements your existing fixtures or update them to match. We offer various styles, including classic chrome, polished or brushed nickel, polished brass, and oil-rubbed bronze. With these five simple decisions, you’ll have your perfect shower door figured out. If you need assistance redesigning your bathroom or shower door, don’t hesitate to contact us
Give Us a Call!
Request a Quote
Call Local Glass Repairs LLC for the best Residential glass installations and repairs.
Your Trusted residential and commercial glass and mirror service.
Our services repair or install glass doors and windows for any residential building. We also do repairs and installations on apartment complexes. Our trained team of experts has experience in a wide range of building types and can custom design and install windows and glass to your specifications. Are you getting a new home built or one that needs exterior remodeling? We can take care of it!
What WE Do
We Are A Full Glass Service
Local Glass Repairs service is beyond your expectation! With Local Glass Repairs LLC, you will get Prompt, professional, on-time service every time.
All of our insulated glass units have a 10-year warranty against failure, and all of our workmanship is backed by our no-hassle Guarantee. Check our glass services reviews.
Residential GLASS SERVICES
- Insulated /Double pane glass replacement.
- Single pane glass repair in wood, steel, or aluminum framework.
- Safety glass Tempered or Laminated.
- Patio door glass repairs/Replacements.
- Vinyl window installations for your whole house.
Commercial GLASS SERVICES
- Laminated, tempered glass & plate glass.
- Commercial storefront windows and glass entryways.
- Overhead windows.
- Wall mirrors for dance halls.
- Mirrors for studios and gyms.
- We also offer emergency board-up services.
Other Glass Services
- Insulated Glass Replacements.
- Patio Doors, Entry Doors, French Doors.
- Insulated Glass Installations.
- Complete Energy Saving Packages.
- Single Pane Glass Repair.
- Emergency Board up Service.
- Glass-related services.
We Help Home Owners & Businesses
We know that your home and business are your safe harbor, and damaged windows destroy the feeling of security. Not to forget, a business with broken glass means a loss of business and potential customers!
The Local Glass Repair team is ready, willing, and able to respond to your emergency call. By calling us, you will have a sense of security that our goal is to secure your home or business. And to replace the window panes and clean up quickly during the emergency service appointment.
On the contrary, if your glass is of a custom nature, we will order panes or components to restore the window. And in the meantime, our response team will secure your premises with our board-up services. Then, once the replacement glass, window, or components arrive, we set up a time to provide a permanent fix.
Glass repair service in Seattle and Tacoma