FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our top priority is to provide effective and long-lasting glass at an affordable price for all customers. Whether you are a construction company in need of proper noise-reducing picture windows or a homeowner looking to replace damaged and broken glass, our professionals are more than capable of handling the job!
Our windows options are unmatched by any competitor, with one size that fits all! We offer single pane windows for affordable prices that are also lightweight and double pane windows that utilize state-of-the-art Glass Installers technology to provide the best energy-saving windows. If noise-reduction is your priority, we also offer triple pane windows so those pesky SeaTac airplanes won’t bother you anymore. When your heating bill company comes asking why your heating bills are lower, tell them, Local Glass Installers provides the glass with a price that I couldn’t pass!”
HOW EXPENSIVE IS AN IN-PERSON PRICE ESTIMATE?
Our estimates are completely free. You will never be charged for an estimate. Contact a glass repair specialist for a free quote.
HOW CAN I GET A QUOTE? HOW QUICKLY WILL I GET A QUOTE?
You can receive a quote over the phone, email, or submit the form located on the contact page. Or, if you prefer, we can send a glass technician to your location to provide you with an in-person quote. You will generally see a response the same day or the next full business day.
MY WINDOW IS FOGGY, DO I NEED TO REPLACE THE GLASS OR THE ENTIRE UNIT?
If the window’s seal is cracked or damaged, the entire unit must be replaced. If the seal is in good condition, we can replace just the glass.
ONLY ONE PANE OF GLASS IS BROKEN IN MY DUAL PANE WINDOW, DO I HAVE TO REPLACE BOTH PANES?
Yes, dual pane windows are created by sealing two panes with a strong chemical bond. We can only use units with a good seal for a proper installation.
ARE YOU ABLE TO WORK ON ALL FORMS OF GLASS?
We can only work on residential glass such as windows, doors, bath/shower enclosures, and mirrors or commercial glass jobs.
DO YOU OPERATE IN MY CITY?
The cities we operate include West Seattle | Renton | Des Moines | Normandy Park | Newcastle | Tukwila | Kent | Federal Way | Des Moines | Burien | Auburn | Mercer Island | Seatac | Tacoma.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CREATE CUSTOM CUT GLASS ?
This depends on many factors, some of which are out of our hands. In most cases, our custom-made glass products can take weeks until they are completed and ready to be installed. For a proper estimate, we recommend contacting us with what your request
WHAT KIND OF WINDOW IS THIS?
Click here for a helpful guide to all kinds of window variations. If you’re still unable to identify your specific type of window, contact us and our experts will understand the type you’re talking about.
TYPES OF GLASS
There are different types of glass that we repair and replace. A few common ones are:
- Annealed. Annealed glass is a cheap option for glass. Although annealed glass is the most affordable option, it is not our strongest or safest glass. If annealed glass breaks, it will shatter into sharp pieces.
- Tempered glass. Tempered glass is more expensive than annealed, and it provides better safety in case the glass breaks. Instead of breaking into sharp shards as annealed glass does, it breaks into small cubes.
- Laminated glass. Although laminated glass is more expansive than tempered glass, it is worth getting it as it offers the safest glass. Rather than breaking into pieces like the other glass we offer, laminated glass instead cracks and rarely fails.
Need Glass Service, Repair, Replacement, or Installation?
What WE Do
We Are A Full Glass Service
Local Glass Repairs service is beyond your expectation! With Local Glass Repairs LLC, you will get Prompt, professional, on-time service every time.
All of our insulated glass units have a 10-year warranty against failure, and all of our workmanship is backed by our no-hassle Guarantee. Check our glass services reviews.
Residential GLASS SERVICES
- Insulated /Double pane glass replacement.
- Single pane glass repair in wood, steel, or aluminum framework.
- Safety glass Tempered or Laminated.
- Patio door glass repairs/Replacements.
- Vinyl window installations for your whole house.
Commercial GLASS SERVICES
- Laminated, tempered glass & plate glass.
- Commercial storefront windows and glass entryways.
- Overhead windows.
- Wall mirrors for dance halls.
- Mirrors for studios and gyms.
- We also offer emergency board-up services.
Other Glass Services
- Insulated Glass Replacements.
- Patio Doors, Entry Doors, French Doors.
- Insulated Glass Installations.
- Complete Energy Saving Packages.
- Single Pane Glass Repair.
- Emergency Board up Service.
- Glass-related services.
We Help Home Owners & Businesses
We know that your home and business are your safe harbor, and damaged windows destroy the feeling of security. Not to forget, a business with broken glass means a loss of business and potential customers!
The Local Glass Repair team is ready, willing, and able to respond to your emergency call. By calling us, you will have a sense of security that our goal is to secure your home or business. And to replace the window panes and clean up quickly during the emergency service appointment.
On the contrary, if your glass is of a custom nature, we will order panes or components to restore the window. And in the meantime, our response team will secure your premises with our board-up services. Then, once the replacement glass, window, or components arrive, we set up a time to provide a permanent fix.
West Seattle | Renton | Des Moines | Normandy Park | Newcastle | Tukwila | Kent | Federal Way | Des Moines | Burien | Auburn | Mercer Island | Seatac | Tacoma | White Center